The Opelika Sportsplex will be hosting their kids triathlon this Saturday (August 5th) starting at 8am. THERE IS NO DAY OF REGISTRATION SO MAKE SURE TO SIGN UP BEFORE SATURDAY.
For more info email them at firstname.lastname@example.org or CLICK HERE
The events will include:
Ages 6-8 Swim 50 yards, Bike 1.5 miles, and Run 500 yards
Ages 9-11 Swim 100 yards, Bike 3 miles, and Run 1 mile
Ages 12-15 Swim 150 yards, Bike 6 miles, and Run 2 miles
Participants will compete based on their age as of 12/31/17.
All participants will wear tri tags. About Time Events will be doing timing for the event. Awards will be given to the top 3 finishers, male and female, in each age group. Each participant will receive a t-shirt and medal.
NO ASSISTANCE WILL BE GIVEN WHILE SWIMMING. KIDS MAY HANG ON LANE DIVIDERS, BUT MUST ADVANCE UNASSISTED.
$35 is the current cost to enter a child in the Triathlon. There is a discount of $5 per child when signing-up 3 or more children. NO SAME DAY REGISTRATION! Pre-registration is required.
Transition and body marking is from 6:00-7:00 a.m.
Pre-race meeting at 7:15 a.m.
The 12-15 Year Old Division will begin at 7:30 a.m.
The 9-11 year old wave and 6-8 year old wave will begin as soon as earlier waves are out of the pool.
- USAT Rules will be enforced.
- No aero helmets, No aero bars and no disc wheels.
- No diving at the swim start. Triathletes will enter the pool every 10-15 seconds.
- Helmets must be worn when leaving transition. No riding bikes in transition.
- Shirts must be worn during bike and run portion of the race.
- No training wheels or flotation devices allowed.
What to bring to the Triathlon
- Swim suit, trunks or tri Suit
- Flip flops
- Race shirt
- Race belt
What they'll have
- Tri tag/anklet
- Swim cap
- Bib number
- Safety pins
- Helmet stickers
- Bike stickers