Prague Philharmonic Children's Choir arrives in Opelika today for a weekend of community concerts.
- First Baptist Church, Opelika, Guest Choir and Organist
- Sunday morning Oct. 21, 8:30 am and 11:00 am services
- Opelika Center for the Performing Arts, Performance Series Event
- Sunday night, Oct. 21, 7:30 pm.
- Opelika Center for the Performing Arts, Student Concert, Opelika City Schools,
- Monday morning, Oct. 22, 10:00 am.
Sponsored by the Embassy of the Czech Republic in Washington DC, the Prague Philharmonic Children's Choir American tour began on October 16 in North Carolina. The choir is also scheduled for concerts in the states of Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, and New Jersey. The tour will culminate in a grand concert at the Washington National Cathedral in Washington DC. The choir will perform pieces both from traditional Czech repertoire, as well as spiritual compositions, and American songs. The finale of the Performance Series concert will be Mácha's "Calling the Sun" with the elaborate dance choreography by Živana Vajsarová.
For more information visit eastalabamaarts.org or call East Alabama Arts at 334-745-8105.